Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Irish place names
From: Joe Gerhard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Dec 1999 11:43:13 EST

Apologies up front - this is clearly off topic, though for me personally it
is related to the music in a roundabout sort of way, but sin sce/al eile -
that's another story. My question: Is anyone aware of a reference book or
web-site for the Irish and English names for Irish towns and places?  It
seems to me that such a reference MUST exist (through the Post Office
perhaps?), but I can't seem to locate it.

Can anyone help?

Merry Christmas to all.

Joe