Help for DUBLIN Archives

DUBLIN Archives

Subject: Life in Dublin
From: Juergen Kullmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:24:10 +0100

Life in Dublin ...

is the subject of this list, if I'm right, and so I'm curious to hear about
the life in Dublin when the millennium will change. A crowd of people will
move through Temple Bar, I suppose - more Dubliners or more tourists?

But who is a Dubliner? I remember when I visited the Porter House last
February I tried to order a Guinness there, and when I wasn't successful
because they brew their own porter the man beneath me laughed. "I did the
same fault", he said, although I'm living in this town since twenty years."
"Oh, your're a Dubliner", I said. "Not at all", he answered, "no chance to
become a Dubliner if you're from Tipperary like myself". So, who is a
Dubliner? A woman or man who is born in Baile Átha Cliath? Or whose father
is born there? Or whose ancestors came with the vikings?

Don't take it to serious, that's only an attempt to awake this list at the
changing of the millennium.

Bliain nua faoi mhaise, a chairde!
Juergen as an Ghearmáin

E-mail:   [log in to unmask]