Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Is toil leum
From: FrankWilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:06:16 -0800

I was comparing towns and I wanted to say;  I have lived in Nairn and Oban
but it is Oban that I loved best.(made up sentence)

.............ach 's e an t-Oban an t-ite gum b'e toigh leum as fherr '

I wanted to emphasise that Oban was the place that I liked the best.
It has a poetic lilt to it but I have a feeling it probably is lousy Gaelic.

Any poets out there? :-)

F.