Subject: XHTML - Example
From: "M.T. Carrasco Benitez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:24:47 +0100

I copied the first example (see below) in section "3.1.1 Strictly
Conforming Documents" of the proposed recommendation of XHTML
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/)into a document called "doc.xml".
When I tried to view it with IE5 (or XMLNotepad), it gives an error.

Could you try with other editors ?

Regards
Tomas

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>