Subject: Re: XHTML - Example
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:22:10 -0700

>I copied the first example (see below) in section "3.1.1 Strictly
>Conforming Documents" of the proposed recommendation of XHTML
>(http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/)into a document called "doc.xml".
>When I tried to view it with IE5 (or XMLNotepad), it gives an error.
>
>Could you try with other editors ?

I'm offline right now and can't confirm this, but I'm going to take a wild
guess since both of the applications you mention are from Microsoft.  Their
software has required that any xmlns attribute be #FIXED in the DTD, and if
the XHTML DTD doesn't declare xmlns as #FIXED, their parser will give an
error.  This is not in conformance with the Namespaces in XML
Recommendation.

However, it would help to know what the error you got was.

-Chris

--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Exemplary Technologies