Subject: Re: XHTML - Example
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:22:10 -0700

>I copied the first example (see below) in section "3.1.1 Strictly
>Conforming Documents" of the proposed recommendation of XHTML
>( a document called "doc.xml".
>When I tried to view it with IE5 (or XMLNotepad), it gives an error.
>Could you try with other editors ?

I'm offline right now and can't confirm this, but I'm going to take a wild
guess since both of the applications you mention are from Microsoft.  Their
software has required that any xmlns attribute be #FIXED in the DTD, and if
the XHTML DTD doesn't declare xmlns as #FIXED, their parser will give an
error.  This is not in conformance with the Namespaces in XML

However, it would help to know what the error you got was.

Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Exemplary Technologies
One Embarcadero Center, Ste. 2405
San Francisco, CA 94111