Subject: Re: RDF???
From: David Megginson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:39:07 -0400

"Christopher R. Maden" <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> [Bob DuCharme]
> >Apparently, no one at IBM has been interested in RDF in the last year and a
> >half.
> >
> >Does anyone else know of RDF really being used out there?
>
> This is depressing, considering the extent to which "Namespaces in XML" was
> mutated and rushed to satisfy the urgent needs of the overwhelmingly
> important RDF effort.

Yeah, the problem was that RDF was mistargeted.  Here are the
real-world RDF-based projects that I know of:

1. DMOZ (not really, but it was their intention)
2. RPMfind
3. XMLNews

The Dublin Core is also pretty serious about RDF representation.  I
know of three more, much larger (multinational, multiindustry)
RDF-based projects in the works, but I'm not at liberty etc. etc. blah
blah blah

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson                 [log in to unmask]
           http://www.megginson.com/