Census of Freshwater Algae in Australia

Tim Entwisle <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:08:29 +1000

     A census of freshwater algae in Australia is now available on the
     internet at:

     http://plantnet.rbgsyd.gov.au/PlantNet/fwalgae/index.htm

     This is a first version of the Census and the format will undoubtedly
     change as we get feedback and suggestions.

     The census was prepared with support from the Australian Biological
     Resources Study, Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne and Royal Botanic
     Gardens Sydney. It is based on the 'Bibliographic Checklist of
     Non-marine Algae in Australia' by S.A.Day, R.P.Wickham, T.J.Entwisle &
     P.A.Tyler (published by Australian Biological Resources Study in
     1995).

     The nomenclature has been brought up-to-date as much as possible but
     the records are still based on literature reports (i.e. most records
     have NOT been 'taxonomically assessed'). For further background see
     the 'Data Information' section on the website.

     If you have additional records of freshwater algae from Australia or
     know of key publications that have been overlooked in our nomenclature
     checking please let me know ([log in to unmask]). We welcome
     corrections and additions.

     Tim Entwisle

---------------------------------
Dr Timothy J. Entwisle
Director Plant Sciences
Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney
Mrs Macquaries Road
Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
phone: +61-2-9231 8113
fax: +61-2-9251 4403
email: [log in to unmask]
and/or [log in to unmask]

listserver list run by [log in to unmask]
You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to
[log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text.
If you have further difficulty please contact the listowner.