Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: Low D driving me nuts
From: Brian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:24:10 -0700

Help!

In order for me to play a low D without it going "hard" I have to barely
have any pressure in the bag.  This makes it difficult when I want to go
back up the chanter when I don't have any air in the bag.  Is this
normal???  I have tried moving the bridle up a bit but that doesn't seem
to cure the problem.  Only make it harder to reach the second octave.

Thanks in advance.

Brian Mavity