Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Di-Sathairn
From: Reamonn MacIain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:24:22 +0100

I can't see Di-Sathairn being any more wrong than Disathairne or Di-Sathurna, I think we're spltting hairs here. People spelt "Comunn" with a "u" for centuries, and it was the majority spelling until someone came along and said it was wrong...

">Smaoinich cuideigin gun robh e air Di Sathairn (Someone thought it weas on
Saturday)And again.This last one is too far from the intended meaning."

I don't think so at all, since I'm thinking in terms of "X supposed it to be on Saturday"- I suppose. That's a more literal rendition of the English.