Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Discussion
From: Fabian Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:24:57 -0300

Hi, everyone
First of all, excuse me  for writing this in Beurla (my gaidhlig would not
do it yet, I'm afraid).
I haven't been able to read gaidhlig-B digest for about a week, due to some
work overload that made me receive more than 100 messages a day.
Today, I find out in the digest that a bitter discussion is going on with
one member of this list.  Remember, I haven't read the previous digests so I
don't really know what the discussion is about.
My point is:  could it be possible for you people to "cool down" the terms
of the discussion?  I don't want to read menaces to a "silly yank b...." or
things like that in the messages I get, nor I have time for it.
For people like me, living in an area where there is just one person
qualified to teach gaidhlig, this list (and gaidhlig 4 U) acts like a
complement,  and it's usually very valuable considering that in every
"issue" I have the opportunity of learning something.
Just a few days ago,  a discussion in another list I'm subscribed to (about
piobaireachd) ended up with many people (including one or two top-notch pro
pipers) leaving the list, for the only reason that the discussion (wich
ended in a sort of e-fight) wasn't kept in civilized terms.
Again, I don't know what this discussion is about, but perhaps we should
re-check our messages one more time before clicking on the "send" button,
and ask ourselves if we really want to send it, and to ask ourselves why are
we in this list at all.
Just a thought.
Fabian Martin