Subject: Re: DTDs Standards & Guide Lines ?
From: "DuCharme, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 31 Aug 1999 17:02:16 -0400

>Does anybody know where I can find a good source for standards & guide
>when designing and developing DTDs ?

The only standard per se is the XML 1.0 standard. For guidelines, David
Megginson's "Structuring XML Documents" is very good. Before that, the only
book on DTD development that I know of was Eve Maler and Jeanne El
Andaloussi's "Developing SGML DTDs."  The SGML DTD syntax is slightly
different, but the principles are the same, and there's a lot to learn from
this book as well.

Bob DuCharme       <bob@>  see for "XML:
The Annotated Specification" from Prentice Hall.