Re: ASP and XML

David Hazell <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:23:17 +0100

Tiz true,
        ASP code, XML, SGML, perl and even Css can be confused as the same
language, the layman usualy see's the whole thing as Just another HTML
document, only we know that, that is just a facade, and the way that these
applications render, I would point out that you could try to implement any
drill-down cataloguing in asp, but it would never in a million years be as
good at the job as XML, even in it's early days as it is.

Or maybe your colleague is using Xmetal. ?!?

Dave
____________________________________

David Hazel
Senior Web Developer
Motivnewmedia
Motivforce Group plc

0181847 5828 extension 2265
___________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Nutter [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 1999 1:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ASP and XML

At 07:40 PM 08/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Forgive my ignorant question. A colleague at work is arguing that "XML
>code
>is simlar to ASP code."
>
>I don't think this is true at all but it could mean my proposal funding.
>
>Could anyone offer clarification?

Eh, I don't know, but it sounds to me like arguing that "HTML code is
similar to Perl code". I grant you that you can use Perl to generate HTML
and process HTML, but I don't know if I'd say they're really similar.

Mark Nutter, <[log in to unmask]>
Internet Applications Developer
FORE Systems

When birds start perching on the lawn, it's time to mow it.