Subject: Re: XML tages for name and address components
From: Doug Ransom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:54:20 -0700

Good luck.  There a gazillion uses for SGML or XML.  There seems to be
rather few industry initiatives relative to the realm of possibility.

A resume DTD could be useful.  A DTD for getting historical stock quotes
would be useful. A DTD for search engine output would be useful.  I doubt
any search engine companies, stock exchanges, or organisations that hire
people have considered getting together to build a DTD for their purposes.