Subject: Re: !ATTLIST explanation
From: Ronald Bourret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:00:26 +0200

Tim Brogdon wrote:

> I have a question about the following code produced from reading a .csv
data
> file into a tool called XMLAuthority.
>
> I understand the logic behind the !ATTLIST tag but I'm unfamiliar with
the
> e-dtype and the e-dSize references. Can any one shed some light on this
for
> me?
>
> <!ELEMENT my9810.SSN  (#PCDATA )>
> <!ATTLIST my9810.SSN  e-dtype NMTOKEN  #FIXED 'string'
>                       e-dSize NMTOKEN  #FIXED '9' >

I don't know XMLAuthority, but since it supports various XML schema
languages, most of which support data types, I'll guess that e-dtype is an
XMLAuthority-specific attribute meaning data type and that e-dSize is an
XMLAuthority-specific data type meaning data size. That is, if you use this
DTD with XMLAuthority -- for example, to edit a file according to this DTD
--  it will interpret these attributes to mean that my9810.SSN must be a
nine character string.

-- Ron Bourret