Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: SV: DADGAD Question
From:Tomas Embréus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:07:32 +0200

Hi Rick
You´ve allready got a lot of answers on your question.
I will just tell you that I have also begin to play in DADGAD tuning and I like it a lot.
When it comes to the strings I saw a video with Pierre Bensusan. A great french guitarplayer and he is a real DADGAG phantom ;-).
He suggested that one should have one size heavier strings on the two highest  (D and A) and the two lowest (D and A).
I found that John Pierse strings had that set. They call it _hawaian slack key_. You can order directly from their website and I can asure you that it´s very good strings. I´ve used them a lot and I have even let my friends try JP-strings (medium gauge) and they say that the strings are incredible good.
Here´s the url: http://www.jpstrings.com/brstring.htm
Here´s  the emailadress: [log in to unmask]

Play on

Regards
Tomas Embréus
http://user.tninet.se/~qeh548q/