Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Re: Public Apology

"Jerome S. Colburn" <[log in to unmask]>

Jerome S. Colburn

Tue, 10 Aug 1999 00:38:03 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Paul g. Mulvaney wrote:

> But on the same scale, posting obscentities or vulgarities (except for
> very occasional comic effect, and never with a mean spirit) is about a two
> hundred.

In the interest of truth, let me remind everyone that the obscene reply to
Cleek's post was *not* sent to the list. Alana herself said it was sent "to
Cleek". It was *she* who reproduced it. (She also used one of the
obscenities herself in her commentary on it.) I've always heard that
reproducing private mail on a public forum without the consent of the
originator is a breach of netiquette, too. And to do so for the purpose
of shaming the originator counts as a mean spirit in my book.

* Jerome Colburn (;-{=''',,,= *