XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

XML-L Home

XML-L  July 1999

XML-L July 1999

question:How to pass IXMLDOMDocument object in COM?

"Ding, Chen" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:59:29 -0400

When I try to define an IDL interface like this, I got an error while
compiling:

interface ICAXmlDoc : IDispatch
 {
  [id(1), helpstring("method GetClaimDoc")] HRESULT GetClaimRec([out,
retval] IXMLDOMDocument** pDoc);
 };

midl\oleaut32.dll : error MIDL2020 : error generating type library :
AddImplType failed : IXMLDOMDocument
Error executing midl.exe.

Could someone help me to resolve this problem?