Subject: Re: Who wants a fight?
From: Dave Edsall - The Tauminator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:36:57 CDT

Mike wrote:
>Neil wrote:
>> When you refer to them being
>>lynched all the time (!) are you not actually attempting to refer to
>>blacks in North America, and if so, could you tell us exactly what you
>>know about life of any sort in North America, other than what you see
>>on the telly?
>
>I don't believe that I stated that blacks in the US are lynched "all the
>time", but even so, all the books I've read, all the pictures I've seen and
>all the documentaries I've watched all show blackmen hanging from trees -
>not whitemen.

  Lynching? No, we have become more enlightened here in the US. One of our
proudest examples of progress was the dragging of a black man by chains from
the back of a truck in Jasper County, Texas, causing his eventual
decapitation. We have progressed, you see.

   Seriously, the number of race-related crimes has dropped substantially in
the 30 years. But we still have a long way to go before we achieve any kind of
domestic harmony.

     Dave