Subject: Re: Why I hope you can change
From: "Hrant H. Papazian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:13:14 -0700

Michael Scarpitti wrote:
> Oh, pleeze, stop this "stretching the limits of legibility".

Experiments are *fundamental* to understanding how things
work, which in turn is fundamental to functional design.
My TypeCon presentation/experiment explored some of the
limits of decipherability, and was very revealing to me,
and hopefully others too.

Michael, I hope you're not too old to change.
If this attitude is/becomes engrained in you,
you will never understand readability, and you
will never make real typefaces. I promise.

hhp