Subject: Re: Inktraps (Re : Another Consideration in Digitizing Typefaces)
From: "Hrant H. Papazian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:03:00 -0700

Roy Preston wrote:
> I have the FontBook showing of the face, and at the specimen
> size shown, the light traps seem insignificant, even using a
> magnifying glass.

Exactly!
The question is, can you see ungainly ink-gain (!) where
the traps are in the actual outline? If you do, then the
light traps aren't strong enough for those conditions
(see below); if you don't, then it probably means that
the light traps are just right! It could also mean that
the output conditions are very high, and the light traps
are too small to see; try a 25x loup (indispensable for
picky type designers), not your old 8x...

Also, could you give the output specs on that? Like lpi (do you
have a screen-checker?), fore and back colors, paper type, etc.

hhp