Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

Subject: Re: On the Question of Attachments
From: "GERDES, PATRICK F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:08:19 -0500

I agree completely with Robert Davison on both counts.  We effectively
handled the situation, by communicating with one another the issues with the
situation, and thereby neutralized the virus quickly...    Implement
attachment size limits, but don't eliminate the ability to attach relevant
info...  And we should all use this as a reminder to be vigilant and
prepared for malicious individuals...
Patrick

"To whom much is given, much is expected!" - Luke 12:48
"Without struggle, there can be no progress!"  - Frederick Douglass
"One man can win the battle, but it takes a united front to win the war"
- j.w.

Patrick F. Gerdes
Manager, Enterprise & Web Development Tools
Entergy Services, Inc.
504-576-2162
800-264-2535 pin 3412 (pager)