Subject: Re: Shaw's Shoice
From: Gary Munch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 May 1999 23:36:01 -0400

>Hi, all.
>
>Quick question:
>I can't remember if it was Caslon or Baskerville that
>Bernard Shaw insisted on for the setting of his work.
>Does anybody know?
>
>hhp

Caslon.
It was Ben Franklin (a hero) who showed, to a customer insistent about
setting all his work in Caslon, a work set in Baskerville -- but called it
Caslon. The customer loved it, seeing no difference, though he had declared
Baskerville hard to read and an offense.

Sometimes the things we at first despise become lasting favorites.
But only sometimes. Consider S**v*n*r.
Oh, sorry for reminding all of that.

G.