Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Re: Ceol Ceiltich
From: Reamonn MacIain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 12 May 1999 13:45:42 +0100

De\ a'roinneadh an ceo\l Ceiltich agus na ciu\il eile? A bheil rian
cinnteach ann an ceo\l Ceiltich?
What separates Celtic music and other musics (other types of music)? Is
there a certain pattern to Celtic music?
There is no short answer to this. Some would say that the amount of dry
ice used and harps is a clue ! :)
In Celtic music tunes are usually written to the words rather than in English where we write words to tunes most of the time. And it is thought that some of the distinctive Scottish sounds, even in Lowland music derive from Gaelic speech.