Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: e-mail problems (was: Gaidhlig ann an Uist)
From: Iain MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 10 May 1999 23:23:25 +0000

A Dho\mhnaill,

> This is a reply to mails on Gaidhlig-B as Gaidhlig B refuses to take
> messages from me because my server puts the name of their computer
> (Gandalf) in my address and Gaidhlig B does not like this.

I sympathise with your plight - I have been unable to send messages
to GAIDHLIG-B for the last couple of months (and I didn't even
realise till last week that my messages weren't getting through!).

I appreciate that the following is probably of no help at all, but
having spent the past couple of frustrating days sending test
messages to myself, I'll pass on my experience, as just maybe it will
be of use to you (or somebody else).

Today, I solved the problem by going through all the menus and dialog
boxes of my e-mail software until I found one that allowed me to
specify a "From:" address. Perhaps you could try this, or perhaps
your problem is more fundamental than mine.

(If you can't specify a "From:" address, perhaps you could change to
a different e-mail program that does let you do this [I use Pegasus
Mail].)

Gur math a the/id leat.

Iain.

Iain MacDh˛mhnaill