Subject: Re: DTD and XSL
From: "S.Ramaswamy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 21 May 1999 08:54:26 +0530

Anand Subramanian wrote:

> Hello all,
> Can anyone out there can tell me a difference between a DTD and XSL?
> Which one is preferable and more flexible?
> Thanks in advance
> Anand

It is like comparing Florida Orange with Himalayan Apple.

Let us start with XML. XML contains markups just like HTML. The
similarity ends there.  HTML contains tags defined by the W3C body. The
tags are for presentation aspects - The markup says make the enclosed
text BOLD or put the following text in columnar format within a table
etc.The XML are not defined by anybody. XML is a meta

Matrix Infotech Syndicate
D-7, Poorti, Vikaspuri, New Delhi, 110018, India
PHONE: +91-11-5610050,   FAX: +91-11-5535103
WEB  :   http://MatrixInfotech.HyperMart.Net