Subject: Re: The University of Art and Design Helsinki Spring Exhibition
From: "Hrant H. Papazian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 May 1999 15:52:49 -0700

Harri Granholm wrote:
>     http://www.g99.net

Pretty nice stuff!
I see you went horizontal: bravo! I myself see a lot of
advantages to going horizontal instead of vertical. There
are some drawbacks, but sometimes they don't matter that much.
One thing: put a thin black line between the two frames:
floating scroll bars are kinda annoying (at least to me).

Other things:
- The menu on the top-left: Vertical text is certainly cool,
  but is rarely worth it. Coupled with the small text in
  this case, it's simply too strenuous.
- The typographic piece didn't turn me on (except for that
  Swiss Army knife thing, which rides entirely on the strength
  of Mason, however), but that Peitto "multimedia" piece was
  great, and Jaako Syvaanen's illustrations are *beyond* cool.

hhp