Subject: Re: design of bank notes
From: Rodolfo Capeto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 19 May 1999 15:18:34 -0300

Patrick Mast wrote:

> i have to write an essay about the design of
> banknotes (especially the german ones),

Well, you could try their owners: http://www.bundesbank.de/,
though I'm not sure there will be much about design there.

A site that's worth a visit is
http://www.bio.vu.nl/home/rgaros/money/index.html,
where, scrolling down the page, you'll find a personal
account by Ooitje Oxenaar of the design of his beautiful
Dutch banknote series.

In the PDF
http://www.datatext.co.uk/ideography/library/IDeAs_13.pdf
you'll find a useful - though perhaps outdated, I haven't
reread it since - report on banknote design and security.

I'm also interested in the subject. If you find anything,
let me know.

rodolfo capeto