Subject: Re: The Great Debate
From: Neil McEwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:06:16 -0300

At 09:12 PM 4/7/99 EDT, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>I believe that moving around gives one the experience of many different
>cultures.  While it does create some difficulty in discovering the true
>origin of one's ancestors, there are many valuable lessons that each culture
>has to offer.

   Possibly, although I'd also say that it's a sign of maturity to be able to
find contentment and peace in your own backyard -- if there's something you
can't find at home then you probably won't find it abroad, either.  "Teach
us to sit still".  The people whose cultures we find interesting and
attractive to begin with are most often themselves strongly rooted in one