Subject: Re: xml editors
From: David Gulbransen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:30:36 -0500

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, John E. Simpson wrote:

> Btw, several posters mentioned XML editors that "support validation."
> AFAIK, Xeena and XMetal are the only two that validate *during*
> construction, as opposed to in a separate step later. It's been a while
> since I used it, but I believe that XML Pro, for one, let you drop any tag
> willy-nilly, any old place, and validate at some point if you wanted to.

Actually, XML Pro has an option called "Available Elements Constrained by
DTD" which will enforce validation during document construction by only
displaying child elements which are legal for the currently selected
parent. You can also enter a mode where you can build a "well-formed"
document, but XML Pro _does_ enforce validation *during* construction.

        -David

David Gulbransen                             v e r v e t   l o g i c
President and CEO                            -----------------------
812.856.5270 | fax 812.855.4506               http://www.vervet.com