Subject: Re: xml editors
From: "John E. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:55:03 -0400

At 11:30 AM 4/9/1999 -0500, David Gulbransen wrote:
>Actually, XML Pro has an option called "Available Elements Constrained by
>DTD" which will enforce validation during document construction by only
>displaying child elements which are legal for the currently selected
>parent. You can also enter a mode where you can build a "well-formed"
>document, but XML Pro _does_ enforce validation *during* construction.

Thanks for the correction, David, and my apologies for having misled anyone
on the list. Like I said, it's been a while since I used XML Pro. (And I
did like using it, although a GUI-based tool isn't my "normal" preference.)

In validating mode, does XML Pro permit entering only children of the
currently selected element, or can you also enter a sibling of it?
John E. Simpson          | It's no disgrace t'be poor,
[log in to unmask]      | but it might as well be.