Subject: Re: best-selling "history" of ABC
From: ibbetson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:31:52 -0400

This thread reminded me of another doubtful book: "The Alphabet Effect" by
Rpbert K. Logan, Ph.D.

From the blurb: Logan explores the interrelashionships between the
evolution of writing and documentation and  broader patterns of
intellectual and cultural development on a global level.

He has sections like "Why Science Began in the West".

I half-read it once. It contains my pencil notes. If anybody with money to
burn wants it . . .

David Ib

David Ibbetson                          Phone 416 363 6692
133 Wilton Street, Unit 506             Fax   416 363 4987
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,  M5A 4A4      [log in to unmask]