Subject: Re: Rotis Sans Serif
From: Curtis Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:18:31 -0700

At 11:04 AM 4/5/99 -0700, Hrant H. Papazian wrote:
>Curtis Clark wrote:
>> I think it pretty much has to have stroke contrast;
>
>Does that mean that stroke contrast is actually an indispensable
>element of the letterform *skeletons*?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "skeleton" (I keep thinking of
bones :-). With stroke contrast, the inside of a bowl can have a different
shape than the outside, and the left of a stem a different curve than the
right. It's hard for me to imagine what a "humanist skeleton" could look
like without taking this into account.

Biological Sciences Department             Voice: (909) 869-4062
California State Polytechnic University      FAX: (909) 869-4078
Pomona CA 91768-4032  USA                  [log in to unmask]