Re: Cocktail Reel

Joe Gerhard <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 5 Apr 1999 06:53:21 EDT

In a message dated 4/4/99 3:30:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< I would be grateful if someone would post the ABCs for the Cocktail reel.
 It's the first cut on Josephine Marsh's cd. >>

Ken--

Great tune. Noel Hill spent a lot of time at the house this past year and we
played this tune endlessly. This version is similar to what Josephine Marsh
plays, but I'm not sure it's exactly as she has it.

The tune is written by the great fiddler Mick Hoy. Noel claims that Mick came
up with the tune as Mick was attempting to recall the Dublin Reel one say.
There's an argument for NOT tape recording tunes if I ever heard one.

Cheers,

Joe

T:The Cocktail
M:4/4
L:1/8
Q:210
C:Mick Hoy
S:setting: Noel Hill
R:Reel
K:D
DF{A}FE ~F3E | DF~F2 ABGE | DF{A}FE DFAd | cABG EFGE :||
A3B A2GA | (3AAA GA BG (3GGG | A2AG EFGB | =cBAG EFGB |
A2AB (3AAA GB | ABGA BG (3GGG | AaaA aAag | fdec dBAF || D4