Subject: Re: your mail
From: Sharon Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:07:18 +0100

>Yes, because there were 4 or 5 minutes of stoppages. That's why you have
>injury time, to give the right amount of actual playing time.

I was just disputing the minute in which the try was scored according to that news article - it was the fourth, not second, minute.  (I know what injury time was about!)

>Garbage - he was *very* patient - playing advantage perhaps too long
>before bringing it back. Not like the ref for Scotland -v- Ireland who
>blew instantly every time, and didn't let the game flow.

And what an excellent atmosphere that was at Murrayfield (yup, my first - and last - five nations game!).  I'd argue that point as well actually - he was a very good referee, apart from in the last ten-fifteen minutes of the game, and then he lost it completely.  That was when he started blowing on every single thing and didn't play any advantages at all.  (We had an excellent view - right behind the posts)

>True, but the remedy under the laws of the game is to repeat the
>scrum. Which he did.
Oh he did, but he let it go on for far too long over the 90 degrees.  In my opinion anyway.

Sharon