Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: laser labels in liquid preserved samples
From: Brian Wysor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:23:14 -0400

Dear Phycologists,
    Having just managed to print labels on herbarium paper for
formalin preserved samples using a laser printer, I now wonder how
well these labels will hold up over the long term.  I have heard that
letters may lift off of the paper over time.  I have also heard that
dot matrix printers may be superior to laser printers for this purpose
because they press the ink into the paper.  Does anyone have any
experience using laser printed labels in formalin preserved samples?
I will be delighted to hear any comments or suggestions and will share
any comments with the list if there is interest.
     Many thanks in advance.

Brian Wysor

Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
Unit 0948
APO AA 34002-0948

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask]  You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text.  If you have further difficulty contact the listowner.