Subject: XML Beans?
From: Martin Borjesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:45:19 +0000

Hi
I was wondering if there exists such a thing as XML Beans. If not, does
anyone know of any plans for creating such a thing?

When I say XML Beans, I am not referring to what for example IBM
Aplhaworks has created with there xml-bean suit.
Those are Java Beans that one can use for building xml-editors or
simular applications.
What I mean by XML Beans is a software component, much like a Java Bean
but whit one major difference.
Just like a Java Bean it should have an visual appearance in design time
and enable customization with supplying a property sheet that the
designer can adjust. The difference from a Java Bean is  , that instead
of producing java code when being compiled, it should produce xml-code.

Thank you,

Martin Borjesson