Subject: Re: Effect of using XML
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:01:28 -0500

        I found Adobe PDF Forms difficult to work with, hard to integrate
with a database and Internet application model. XM/SL is much less of a
paradigm shift for web developers. There would have to be an absolute
mandate to stay compatible with some paper forms to go that route in my
mind.
        Specifically related to forms processing, XML can contribute a way
of returning the filled-in form to the server application and back end that
is better structured than the current "list of environment variables". That,
and authenticated documents.
Cheers,
David vun Kannon,
Manager, Financial Services Consulting