Subject: Re: Stylesheet references
From: JR Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:49:56 -0600

My thanks for the responses and add'l information on stylesheets.  IN teh
interrim, I've worked with css, and set up a link to one in teh head of an
xml document.  It works well enough (save some quirks of my own choosing
in the .css) on netscape 3+, but ie5b2 shows me all the tags just as it
does when you open a .xml without a stylesheet ref. of any kind (I do like
that tag view in ie5b2, it's informative).

I'm figuring at this point i'm crossing out of xml to xsl list issues
and--if ther eis one--ie5b2 issues.  If anyone knows the forum adresses on
those, I'll spare this venue further display questions.  However, if ther
are quick answers to my q . . . I welcome them.

I tried a .xsl sheet madein arbortext and ie5b2 just supplied the source
of the .xsl in the browser-- not even the .xml it was attached to.  So,
clearly, I'mm missing somehting with both .css and .xsl-- worse, though,
with ie5b2, however.

tyia, and a good week to all-

jr

__________________________
John Robert Gardner, Ph.D.
Project Coordinator
Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Project
http://vedavid.org/diss/
Obermann Center         &    The Graduate College
  for Advanced Studies
               The University of Iowa
"It is ludicrous to consider language as anything
 other than that of which it is the transformation"
                                  - So'ham asmi