Subject: Re: Good book on XML ??
From: "DuCharme, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:03:04 -0500

>Could anybody suggest me a good book on XML? The book
>should not be concentrating on e-commerce/internet, but
>rather give a detailed description on XMl related technologies
> >such as DTD, DOM, RDF, XSL, Xlink, etc.

www.xmlbooks.com has a list that should be pretty comprehensive. I don't
think that RDF, DOM, XSL, or XLink are related to XMI in its current
state, but the latter three could play a role in XMI implementations.

As John Simpson pointed out, material on the XML-related W3C specs will
be tentative because of their unsettled nature at this point. Authors
who want their book to still be selling eight months after it hits the
stores tend to avoid more than a cursory treatment of these, because
something that isn't a W3C recommendation yet is a moving target and
will make a book look very dated very quickly. (Parts of RDF and the DOM
have reached Recommendation status by this point.)

You might be interested in the mailing list that was just started for
XMI discussion. Details are at
http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xmiMailingListAnn.html.

Bob DuCharme       www.snee.com/bob       <bob@
snee.com>  see www.snee.com/bob/xmlann for "XML:
The Annotated Specification" from Prentice Hall.