Subject: Re: Good book on XML ??
From: "John E. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:10:12 -0500

At 03:44 PM 3/31/99 +1000, Kumar, Ram wrote:
>Could anybody suggest me a good book on XML? I want...,
>say, a bible on XML.

Coincidentally, I believe Elliotte Rusty Harold's "The XML Bible" is in
progress even as we speak. In the meantime, his "XML: Extensible Markup
Language" comes pretty close.

I also second the recommendation someone else made on "XML by Example."

You said you'd be interested in a book that "give[s] a detailed description
on XMl related technologies such as DTD, DOM, RDF, XSL, Xlink, etc." XSL
and XLink/XPointer specs aren't final yet, so anything on those topics is
going to be tentative.

John E. Simpson
Just XML (ISBN 0-13-943417-8)
Available now from Prentice Hall PTR