Subject: Re: Composite Entities?
From: James Tauber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 22 Mar 1999 05:31:33 +0800

> > >Do you have a meaning for ".pen"? (my Acronym Server at
>
> James Tauber writes:
>
> > Parameter ENtity
>
> I feared it might be. Those aren't parameter entity files,
> they're character entity files, it should be .cen if they
> were going to try and be cutesy-pie about filetype.

Depends on whether you are describing the whole file or the individual
declarations in the file. The whole file *is* a parameter entity. The
individual declarations are declarations (and definitions) of character
entities.

> A good argument for sticking with .ent like everyone else does.

I didn't name them, I just put them on a server. I'm sure Rick had a reason
for .pen. Perhaps he uses .ent for general entities (where others might use
.xml, making it harder to tell non-document entities from document
entities).

A good argument for FPIs, if you ask me :-)

James