Subject: Re: XML and DSSSL
From: Linda van den Brink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:44:31 +0100

Hi,
You *can* use Jade on XML files. The problems you experience are because the
style-sheet.dtd etc are SGML dtd's. The solution is in letting Jade read
these, then telling it to 'switch' to XML, and then letting it read your XML
dtd. So you must do something like this:

> Jade [your dsl stylesheet] -t sgml xml.dcl [your xml file] > [your output
file]

-t sgml: to select the Jade backend you want to use. In my case it was the
SGML backend.
xml.dcl: the XML declaration file that gives Jade the correct parameters to
process XML files. It is distributed with Jade, if you don't have it you
should go to www.jclark.com <http://www.jclark.com>  to download the latest
version of Jade.

I used this syntax to convert XML to HTML with Jade and it worked fine.

Hope it works,
Linda