Subject: Re: Creating xml from Microsoft Word
From: Marcus Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:24:22 +1100

Navin Kharbanda wrote:

>         I am trying to create xml files from Microsoft Word, which will
> generate htm files. Is there an easy way to do this. Right now I am trying
> with Visual Basic Administrator. If anyone can give me a much better way I
> will appreciate it very much. Thanks,

Rick Geimer wrote a very good translator that converts any Word document into
XML conforming to a provided DTD. The complexity of the subsequent conversion
to HTML would depend on how reugular the use of styles was in the Word
documents. These are OmniMark scripts, but run fine under the the freely
available OMLE. The URL is http://www.sesha.com/omlette/.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  [log in to unmask]
       - Einstein