Subject: Re: XML->XSL->HTML, um... servlet?
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:27:51 -0500

At 07:52 PM 3/12/99 +0000, you wrote:
>> [John E. Simpson]
>> > So I was wondering: Is there a generally-(freely-)available, well,
>> > *thing* that I can install on my website that would serve up these
>> > documents on the fly, presenting them to browsers as HTML? I'm
>> > thinking of a CGI Perl/Python script or, maybe, a servlet? Can XT
>> > itself be used for this purpose? I'm kind of shooting blind here
>> > because I don't know enough about Java (especially about configuring
>> > apps on the server) to even know if "servelet" is the right term,
>> > but you probably get the idea.
>
>You can install the IE5 'thing' that you are already using onto an NT
>server.

If your ISP provides Active Server Page support, this isn't very difficult.
 The XSL-list has covered this one a few times.  Of course, you have to
talk your ISP into installing IE 5 on their servers (since that's how MS is
distributing this component, at least at present).  As a sys admin, I'd be
more than a little paranoid about doing that quite yet.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com