Subject: Re: World DTD Taxonomy
From: Chet Ensign <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 4 Mar 1999 11:23:47 -0500

> (5) I heard somewhere that the auto industry has agreed to exchange info
> using a standard DTD.  Can anyone confirm this?  Point me to the DTD?

     The auto industry, through the SAE I believe, put together a standard
     DTD for exchange of info required by the EPA about 10 years ago. The
     DTD is, if I remember correctly, the J20001 DTD. It is an interesting
     example of the kind of DTD taxonomy you describe because it models
     systems and components, not service documents. You can find info about
     it at Robin Cover's SGML bibliography (www.oasis-open.com/robin).

     Best regards,

     /chet