Subject: Re: TIA
From: ibbetson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:17:32 -0500

At 12:19 16-03-99 +0000, Roy Preston wrote:
>What does 'TIA' mean?
>
>Roy P

TIA = Thanks in advance.

Some people use it a lot, some think it rude. I rarely use it.
Maxim Zhukov
 writes

>>I guess, it *used to* mean
>>"Typographers International Association".
>>
>>Now, our next question:
>>"What does 'Typographers' mean?"

Typographers are people whose main avocation is chatting about typography,
especially by e-mail. In their spare time they create new and wonderful
type faces at which non-typographers look with awe.

"Typographers' " is the genitive plural. My Latin primer said "of or
appertaining to whatever".

David the ibid

David Ibbetson                          Phone 416 363 6692
133 Wilton Street, Unit 506             Fax   416 363 4987
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,  M5A 4A4      [log in to unmask]

----Please delete any attachment to this message and warn me.----