Help for GAELG Archives

GAELG Archives

Subject: Re: 'Simply Badger'
From: Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Mar 1999 01:29:00 +0000

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Reamonn MacIain
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>What does "Simply Badger" mean in English? Maybe you could play on the pun by
>having a picture of a scruffy badger above...

Er-lhiam dy vel oo kiart dy vriaght mychione bun jeh'n ennym sy Vaarle.
Cha nel monney keeayl ayn, my vees oo shirrey y bun jeh. Sy snaie shoh
choud's nish, va shin jeeaghyn er myr cretoor jeh'n lheid nagh vel ayns

Myr shen, cre mychione 'Tranlaase' ny 'Clowan'?

I think you're right to ask about the basic meaning of the name in
English. There's not much sense in it, if you look for the basis of it.
In this thread up to now, we were looking on it as a creature of the
sort that's not in Mann.

So, what about 'Tranlaase' (to badger or harass) or 'Clowan' (to harass
for money)?

Shoh slaynt,

Bobby Bob