Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Re: Bioacummulation in Algae
From: Dan Coury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:09:00 -0700

At 05:04 PM 3/9/99 -0500, Craig wrote:
>Could anyone help me find information regarding biacummulation in marine
>macroalgae. I am in the process of doing a project concerning heavy metal
>concentration in algae. Any information would be greatly appreciated

You might check the work of Rich Meagher at the University of Georgia. He
is working on using Codium (I believe) to scrub mercury from the water. I
don't know if any of this work has been published yet, and I may have both
the alga and the metal wrong. Nevertheless, I am sure that he is doing
something in this area.

Good luck!  Dan

* Dan Coury                      *
* Department of Plant Sciences   *
* University of Arizona          *
* Tucson, AZ 85721 USA           *
* email: [log in to unmask]  *
* FAX: 520-621-7186              *

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask]  You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text.  If you have further difficulty contact the listowner.