Subject: Re: Business case for a Web site serving up XML?
From: James Tauber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:35:19 +0800

>It would be great to see such a repository; all we really have right now is
>James Tauber's, which is set up for humans to find schemas,
>not search engines, and which doesn't yet provide the kinds of author
>submission you're talking about.

It will soon. I'm in the process of switching over to using XML and XSL for
generating the entire site ( and are done) and
this will enable me to do this.

>I think OASIS ( is working on something like

Yes they are.

>Completely agreed.  I'm surprised (and saddened) that no one seems to have
>done this yet, even as a demo.  Anyone know of a search engine, even a
>single-site engine, that uses XML tag information to provide better

Here's an idea. I'll write a quick cgi interface to XT so people can query with an XSL pattern. It won't be optimal but it might be
fun. Stay tuned...

James Tauber / [log in to unmask] /
Associate Researcher, Electronic Commerce Network
Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia

Full-day XML Tutorial @ WWW8 :

Maintainer of :, and