Subject: Re: Business case for a Web site serving up XML?
From: James Tauber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:35:19 +0800

>It would be great to see such a repository; all we really have right now is
>James Tauber's www.schema.net, which is set up for humans to find schemas,
>not search engines, and which doesn't yet provide the kinds of author
>submission you're talking about.

It will soon. I'm in the process of switching over to using XML and XSL for
generating the entire site (xmlinfo.com and xmlsoftware.com are done) and
this will enable me to do this.

>I think OASIS (http://www.oasis-open.org/) is working on something like
this.

Yes they are.

>Completely agreed.  I'm surprised (and saddened) that no one seems to have
>done this yet, even as a demo.  Anyone know of a search engine, even a
>single-site engine, that uses XML tag information to provide better
searches?

Here's an idea. I'll write a quick cgi interface to XT so people can query
xmlsoftware.com with an XSL pattern. It won't be optimal but it might be
fun. Stay tuned...

James
--
James Tauber / [log in to unmask] / www.jtauber.com
Associate Researcher, Electronic Commerce Network

Full-day XML Tutorial @ WWW8 : http://www8.org/

Maintainer of : www.xmlinfo.com,  www.xmlsoftware.com and www.schema.net