Subject: Re: Unordered Elements
From: James Tauber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 15 Feb 1999 00:07:50 +0800

[...]
>I mean one typ is:
>
>1. Name of the Person
>2. Name of the Organisation
>
>second typ:
>
>1. Name of the Oranisation
>2. Name of the Person
[...]
>I know this do not look nice but only in SGML I can use unordered
>Elements. Is this rigth ?
>
>Do you know a better way for structuring or is this the only one if i want
>that all my documents using one DTD ?

You are right that unordered elements are easier to express in SGML. But you
can still do it in most (all?) cases in XML.

How about:

    ((person,org)|(org,person))

This is tricky for three or more as you have to be careful to keep the model
deterministic but the examples you gave have only two so it's no problem.

James
--
James Tauber / [log in to unmask] / www.jtauber.com
Associate Researcher, Electronic Commerce Network

Maintainer of : www.xmlinfo.com,  www.xmlsoftware.com and www.schema.net